Saturday, September 15, 2012

Chapter 7 Question 1


An inductive argument that I believed I have used this week was when I was driving home from school. I was going to exit the highway onto normal street roads when a car was entering a freeway. I knew that usually if you enter a freeway then you change lanes so you don't automatically exit the freeway. So in my head I was thinking if that if the person was entering the freeway, then they should change lanes so they do not exit the freeway. Sadly I was wrong though since the person who just entered the freeway stayed in the exit lane and exited the freeway. I guess they wanted a faster way to go somewhere that did not require many street lights. That's my story though. It is an inductive argument because when you use the premises like usually people who enter the highway change lanes to stay in the highway is not always true. Then when we go to the conclusion we can use the indicator “we can expect that” the person who is entering the freeway will change lanes, but it is not always necessarily true.

No comments:

Post a Comment