Sunday, September 2, 2012

Chapter 6 Question 3


There was a lot of information given in chapter six. I learned a lot about premises, conclusions, deductive arguments, inductive arguments and so much more. I think the most interesting piece of information that I have learned though would be about breaking down and diagramming arguments. I have never really thought about diagramming an argument and didn't know how technical it could get. I like how there were three steps to breaking the argument. Like the first step would be to bracket the propositions, identify the conclusion, and identify the premises. Then to diagram the argument you would put the premises in circles with numbers in them on the top whether they are independent or dependent premises and then put the conclusion in the bottom. After that it would even get more technical with subconclusions, unstated conclusions and the usage of lines to connect premises. All of this information intrigued me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment