Sunday, November 4, 2012

Chapter 10 Question 3


Chapter ten had quite a few concepts that I found interesting. One in particular that stood out to me would be the one about the SWOT model. According to the text, the acronym SWOT stands for “strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats”. It is used to analyze a certain company's strengths and weaknesses, also for external things too. I found it interesting because I did not know that companies used such a method to analyze their own business. I thought it was smart for the companies to use the method to their advantage. Well the first two components of the SWOT model are the part of the method that makes the company look at itself internally. The second two parts are for the company to see external things like for opportunities looking for new partners or for threats checking out the new competitors. Overall everything in chapter ten was interesting, but I liked this one the best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment